Outdoor Adventure day camp
The Arboretum at Flagstaff is offering six weeks of Outdoor Adventure Camps during summer 2014!
Registration is now open!
Download your form here (.doc) or here (.pdf)
Scholarships are available, click here to learn more!
The Arboretum at Flagstaff is committed to nurturing awareness and a sense of connection to the natural world through experiential, place-based, science education, centered around the ecology of the Colorado Plateau. Camps are focused on four principal themes: scientific investigation, outdoor exploration, health, and stewardship.
Experienced educators will offer hands-on learning opportunities in a variety of programs that include: wildlife of the area, live study of insects, our amazing weather, science and art, plant survival, and wilderness survival skills. Free transportation will be provided this year, please see registration form for more information.
The following camps are being offered during Summer 2014:
- Kids Can Grow 2-Day Camps (Ages 5-6), June 9-10 , June 11-12
- Dig It! Gardening Camp (Ages 7-8, 9-12), June 9-13
- Wildlife Watchers (Ages 5-6, 7-8, 9-12), June 16-20
- Buggy Explorations (Ages 5-6, 7-8), June 23-27
- Outdoor Survivors (Ages 9-12), June 23-27
- Eco Kids (Ages 5-6, 7-8, 9-12), July 7-11
- Arboretum Artists (Ages 5-6, 7-8, 9-12), July 14-18
- Junior Naturalists 2-Day Camps (Ages 5-6), July 21-22, 23-24
- Junior Naturalists (Ages 7-8), July 21-25
- Wild Weather (Ages 9-12), July 21-25
In Collaboration with:
5-6 year old week-long camps cost $100 members/$125 non-members. 2-Day camps cost $45 members/$50 non-members. 5-6 year old camps last until noon, and After Camp Child Care will be available until 3pm, at $15 per day.
Wildlife Watchers Camp will have a slight extra cost for the admission to Bearizona.
Member discount applies to The Arboretum at Flagstaff members as well as Friends of Willow Bend.
Sign-up your child for two or more camps and get the second 10% off!
Register early — camps are limited in size, with two adult leaders, to ensure high quality programming.
Call (928) 774-1442 ext. 110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and to pre-register your child. Upon confirmation of availability, receipt of full payment and a registration form for each child will ensure their space.